Green Acres

Monday, June 30, 2008

Class Reunion

What a party! Last week we went to Winslow for my class reunion. In Winslow they really do know how to party. We met up with everyone Friday night at the old "Root Beer Stand", this is where it was so awkward, not recognizing people, because you haven't seen them for 10 or 20 years. We brought our families, so this helped, at least someone to talk to- After that the adults went out to Ronnie Linstra's house, which was amazing. We really couldn't see the house, it was dark, but it is right by the creek. He has excavated the back of his land to where it felt almost like a pit. It has the same giant rocks as the creek that were already there, and he has installed oil lamps bordering it. He even has a refrigerator, and sound system installed in the rocks. (I think, it looked like it) Anyway, it was an awesome set up. Plus being half a mile from the creek what more could you want? Growing up the creek was my high light of summer. I could dive off of rocks, and swim all day. Ok, going back to the reunion, we were just told to bring what we wanted to drink, and there would be designated drivers to take us home. Interesting for Mark. Of course we drank water-what were you thinking? It was a great place to visit and catch up. The next morning they toured the new high school, and rented the outdoor pool from 10-12. At 2 we had a softball game against the class older than us, that was really fun. I was seriously nervous about this game! I felt like a dork. Mom quit reading....I really did try putting the glove on my right hand! So I was a dork. When we first went out to the feild Bret announces I'm pitching, seriously where was the immodium? I was smart and deligated this to Germaine. Softball was definetely in another life time for me! Not so great for me, but fun. Good thing we had Germaine, who played bare foot because he forgot his shoes, but he still got a home run! Who needs Nike? After the game we had a BBQ by Vargas feild. That night was a closing party, we all need closing parties, and it was held at PT's Bar. There was 80's music and a dj- I really had a great time visiting with everyone. Mark had a great time leaving, and has lots of great stories to tell at work. Justine and Kimber both were nervous about the whole thing, I was nervous about the stories they would be told, but we really had a great time. Justine said she wishes her class was small like that- and the way it felt. They really had fun with Tom Breeze, he's such a funny guy. Looking forward to the next one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home