Green Acres

Sunday, January 18, 2009

15 & Amazing!


So last night at about 10:00 p.m. Kimber decides she wants her own blog. She was in the computer room, instant messaging me on my laptop, to ask a couple of questions, and to check it out. By 11:00 p.m. she was finished! New blog and all! Ok folks, it can take me an hour just to figure out how to change my background, and wow if I post something, or mess around with the music this can take much longer. But this is Kimber we are talking about, and when she sets out to do something, there is no stopping her. For example, when she was 4, we had a baby lamb die.(that is why they are called "bummer" lambs I've decided, every year we usually have a "bummer") Kimber, in her Barney purple snow boots, blonde curly hair, is helping her dad bury it. Mark dug the hole, and I looked up from the garden,& Kimber had lifted the lamb up,(over her shoulder like she was Santa with his toy bag), and dropped him in the hole. I was amazed, grossed out, but amazed that she would even think she was that strong, let alone be able to do it! No doubting herself, she just did it. Last spring I picked her up from school, and she got in the truck and casually says "I made the Production Company". My eyes got big, I looked at her and asked "weren't tryouts like a month ago? And you decided not to do it?" She replied "yeah, they were, but I tried out today, Mr.White let me" My eyes got even bigger, and I was very curious as to what she did for tryouts, since there really wasn't any practice involved~ "So, uhm Kimber, what did you do?" she looked at me, like I'm the stupid mom, and said "I quoted Alice in Wonderland, and sang a song from it, now can we go get a Mr.Pibb?" Shocking moment for me to say the least. Kimber is pretty quiet at school, to think of her singing a solo just shocked me! Kimber has so many things she is good at, but the creative side to her is awesome! Her robots made of duct tape, her random photography, is awesome. Maybe her connection with Alice in Wonderland is closer than I know!! You rock Kimber!

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

that is an awesome post about Kimber!! She marches to the beat of her own drummer that is for sure!!

 
At January 18, 2009 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Chad Vest Family said...

Hey what is Kimbers blog I would love to read it. Love Jenn Vest

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home