Green Acres

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August Can't End!

I don't want August to end. I've been pissy for this whole month. (not PMS..I'm spayed) I dread summer ending. I'm not going to get all nostalgiac and say things like....I'm going to miss the crickets chirping, or rubbing their legs together, or whatever that kinky thing is that they do, or things like...I'm going to miss walking outside barefoot in the garden, or leaving the windows open all night so we can feel the brisk air, because those are lies. Kimber and I have allergies, and asthma, and it gets ugly when we turn blue,and for us to wake up to "brisk, fresh air" someone has to die. (Poor Mark, he thinks he is really saving a ton of money by opening up all the windows and doors at the crack of dawn, to cool down the house-Kimber and I wake up and IRRITATION is all we feel-stuffed up heads, looking for the inhaler,itchy eyes-wow I'm going to move on) No, the reason I am pissy is I hate school. I've always hated school. Not the social part, love that, but hate school. Ok that is just one reason I guess. I love hot days, I love to be warm, I love the sun. FYI I loved Gilligans Island, had to be my favorite show ever! Notice the weather never changed on that show..a tropical storm, little wind, but mostly sunny, and Ginger could always wear cute outfits! They were right on the beach..awww. Back to being pissy-when school starts, that means Justine and Kimber are older-just like a birthday-I'm always pissy around their birthdays too. I don't care that I'm getting older, but pissy that they are. Justine is a senior this year, I don't want to face up to it. Today I had to face up a little, today is picture day, Justine's last picture day. Senior section in the year book. How can she be that old? I don't want her freinds to be seniors either. The last few graduations I've attended, I cry. How will I get through Justine's? I've already got the outfit that I'm going to wear, it's going to look alot like Jackie O's at John F.Kennedy's funeral. Big black scarf, and sunglasses. Look for me! (But don't hug me-hugging is a form of hazing- I don't hug, and if I'm as pissy as I am now, I may hit, or cry uncontrollably!) August cannot end!!

5 Comments:

At August 27, 2008 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Green Acres said...

I know I spelled 'nostalgic' like nostalgiac...but think it should be a new word- I know alot of nostalgiacs!! And I would never admit to being one...but I think it might be a possibility.

 
At August 31, 2008 at 1:12 AM , Blogger Marsha said...

Life does go on after kids leave. You get Grandchildren and that is so great! You get older and your heart gets softer and you love your grandchildren so much because of the time it is in your life. At some point you may want to be hugged, you may even need to be hugged at times. Remember how fun fall is, halloween is coming soon and fall decorations, and football games ! Isn't life just great.
Now that was a cheery paragraph,maybe I should make hallmark cards.

 
At September 2, 2008 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Rachelle Christensen said...

Kristin, you are hilarious. I think that 'Pissy' is your word--did you make it up? :) I hope you get through the allergies. I love this time of year, but that's because I'm so sick of the #$%&* heat!

 
At September 4, 2008 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Clinton said...

You make me laugh! I finally have a moment to sit and check out some blogs. I linked to yours through Julie and Russ. The last time I saw your girls they were 11 and 9! AHHHHH!

 
At September 14, 2008 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kristen, just checking out your blog, skipped church, lets just say its allergies!!!???? congrats to justine on her big win this weekend. That is exciting!!!I hear yah, dont want summer to end.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home