Green Acres

Saturday, September 27, 2008

How I am feeling....

I feel ashamed....Russ and Julie had a gorgeous baby girl, and the present is still in the package-Not sent!! Bethany's baby, Haylee's Birthday was today, her present still in the package waiting, not sent! Not to make excuses.....It's been a rough two or three weeks....I've had a tough time with bronchitis- I was changing the sheets, and while they were washing, Kiwi made herself comfy. I think she stayed there for two hours, wouldn't you? I am pretty much feeling like her, like I need to find a place to hide, maybe put a pillow over my head. Mark's Grandpa passed away last week- he was close to 95 yrs old. Still so sharp. He had to be in a care facility for short time, but his children are my heroes! They brought him home, and each child took shifts to be with him. We went to visit him when he got home, and all he could talk about was how happy he was to be there. He kept referring to the care center "up North", only a short distance away. He pointed to a painting on the wall, and said isn't it beautiful? So happy to be home, almost as if he was finally at peace, even though he was in so much pain. The love and kindness, and time his children made to be there, however hard it was with scheduling, was such an honorable thing. Mark's family all said "No regrets". I know this wasn't an easy task- he was bed ridden. We shared several Sunday dinners with him, and several times he would put on his hat, some sort of black hat that older people wear, and his coat, and would announce it was time to go, he had home teaching appointments to keep. I would think "Wow, at his age, still fulfilling his duties"-I have a favorite tender thing that I loved about him, tender to me. He would ask me "How is your Grandma in Arizona"~ Which was so ironic, because on my Sunday phone calls to Grandma Sam, (oh how much I miss those!)she would ask me, "How is Mark's Grandpa"~ Mark's dad made the final remark in his funeral talk, that he is hand in hand with his wife, running through the green fields. (She passed away while I was pregnant with Justine) I like to think they were running, finding my Grandma Sam & Grandpa Haven, finally meeting, and having a Coke, from McDonald's of course!!

2 Comments:

At September 28, 2008 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

that was really nice, Kristin. Here is to a restful day!!

 
At October 4, 2008 at 1:03 PM , Blogger KIMBERLIN 6 said...

Kristin-
You know we don't care if there is a gift or not. The whole family knows how terrible I am about sending anything or remembering anyone's birthday. We don't expect anything! Get some rest and feel better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home