Green Acres

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kimber PAAAARRRTTTAAAAYS!

This last year Kimber has been a part of Production Company. It's a group 9th grade drama students, with an amazing teacher. She was able to take some trips with them, spent everyday with them, and perform in several plays. She will miss this as she is officially now a 10th grader, and will be going to High School. Last week there was a banquet, awards, great food. When her teacher gave her a trophy it was for most improved, he talked about how in 7th grade up until now she has been so shy. SHY...did he say SHY? Every parent teacher I went to as a child was torture and always the same thing "Kristin won't keep her hands to herself, Kristin won't be quiet, Kristin needs to learn to shut up and focus, Kristin disrupts the class, Kristin is spending her recess in the corner again, I had to send Kristin to the office..yada, yada, yada. So when I have these parent teacher conferences when I go I am naturally tensed up. And it's always the same thing about both girls, "Kimber is so quiet I would like to have her participate more." "Kimber always has a bright smile." "Justine is so helpful and willing to do anything I ask." Hmmm, if I didn't have battle scars to prove they were mine, I'd have to wonder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home